Sunday 19 April 2009

My Item

The item that I have chosen to discuss is my skull bracelet. This item holds a lot of personal memories for me. I was given this bracelet by my girlfriend at the time. She gave me the bracelet when we were relaxing in her room. I was just lying on the bed watching something on the television. All of a sudden I felt someone gently grab my hand. I looked over and saw Sarah lying on her back. She was pushing the bracelet onto my hand and up my arm. I wasn’t sure what she was doing or why she was doing this so I just let it happen. I asked her why she had done this and she explained to me that her older sister had been on holiday to Bermuda. While she was on holiday she had bough two of these bracelets. The bracelets were meant to protect who ever wore them. I had seen my girlfriend wearing these before and I had just assumed that they were just normal bracelets. She said that she wanted me to have one because it meant that I would always be protected and that she would always feel close to me. I wore this bracelet for almost three years and it began to feel like it was a part of me. Whenever I would take the bracelet off my wrist would feel naked, when I didn’t have the bracelet on it felt odd and I when I did have the bracelet on it felt normal.

When I look at my bracelet I remember you. You were there when we both lay on the beach. You were there on the balcony with me. When I look at my bracelet I remember you. I remember being on the plane with you, looking over and seeing you reading, looking so peaceful. Feeling so lucky. We arrived together in a strange place. You kept me safe and made sure I was okay. It seems so long ago. But when I look at my bracelet I see you and can almost speak to you. It takes me back to us on the balcony. Me looking over at you, you look so sweet, you look so nice. Your perfect in everyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment